Research in the Department of Paediatrics
Research is an integral component and driver of the innovative clinical care model in the Department of Paediatrics at the University of Toronto. Over 220 clinical faculty across Paediatric Units in the Toronto Academic Health Science Network (TAHSN) are actively engaged in clinical, translational and discovery research aimed at achieving transformative precision solutions for the breadth of common, as well as complex paediatric diseases and health related challenges.
Precision Child Health
Within the Department of Paediatrics, our faculty are actively involved in, and lead many national and international disease networks and centres. Here is a sample of just some of the networks.
Website links for research and disease networks:
- Garry Hurvitz Centre for Brain & Mental Health
- Rare Brain Tumor Consortium (RBTC)
- TARGet Kids!
- CHILD-BRIGHT Network
- Edwin S.H. Leong Centre for Healthy Children
- Ted Rogers Centre for Heart Research
- Garron Family Cancer Centre
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease Centre